JOB: Emerging Public Leaders of Ivory Coast (EPL Ivory Coast)
Terms of Reference – Implementation Partner
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Duration: 3 months (extension contingent upon on successful performance and funding)
Emerging Public Leaders (EPL) is a public service leadership organization preparing the next generation of ethical public-sector leaders in Africa committed to value based public service, accountability, and transparency. Through our flagship program, the Public Service Fellowship, we provide a merit-based pathway for high-performing, young African university graduates to work in government.
EPL was created to build upon the success of the Public Service Fellowship program delivered in Liberia by the President’s Young Professionals Program (PYPP), which has recruited and placed 140 fellows across twenty-five government institutions in Liberia. Today, 90% of these Fellows remain employed in Liberia’s public service. In mid-2018, EPL launched in Ghana with its inaugural cohort of 20 Public Service Fellows placed across 8 key government institutions.
Building on the success of its Public Service Fellowship programs in Liberia and Ghana, EPL aims to launch its next country program in Ivory Coast in March 2019, tailoring it to the Ivorian context.
Scope of Work
The EPL Ivory Coast Implementing Partner is primarily responsible for establishing the local presence and providing the in-country leadership, guidance, and direction of EPL Ivory Coast during its planning and launch phase (between January – June 2019).
Program Design and Delivery
- Initiate EPL Ivory Coast’s programmatic + operational functions, and work alongside EPL’s Leadership to design and execute a 2019 launch strategy
- Develop and manage the logistical elements of the recruitment of Class I Ivorian Fellows, including identifying appropriate recruitment venues and publicity tools
- Implement a meritocratic + transparent selection process of EPL Ivory Coast Class I Fellows
- Work with EPL HQ Leadership to create a 2019 work plan
- Identify and select a partner and/or contracted organization to carry out the 24-month civil service training curriculum for Class I Fellows
- Identify and recruit strong mentors for Class I Fellows
- Keep abreast on in-country socio-economic and political changes that could affect the program
- Ensure EPL’s consistency and abidance with all applicable local regulations and laws
- Identify and invite qualified members to join EPL Ivory Coast’s Steering CommitteeOperations
- Provide office space and secretarial services for EPL Ivory Coast (preferred)
- Liaise daily with EPL HQ staff for program updates and support
- Navigate and attend to legal matters on EPL’s behalf, including leading the incorporation and bank account set up processResource Mobilization, Outreach, and Partnerships
- Liaise with prospective donors and partners to grow, secure, and diversify funding and support for EPL Ivory Coast
- Establish good working relations on EPL’s behalf with key government institutions, including the Ivorian Civil Service Agency
- Represent EPL at meetings with relevant in-country stakeholders and local and international organizationsQualifications
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with the country context in Ivory Coast
- Experience implementing programs for youth empowerment, education, and entrepreneurship
- Experience working with government, international organizations, universities, and CSOs
- High ethical, moral, and personal standards in decisions, actions and when dealing with others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on EPL’s behalf with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to travel regionally if needed
APPLY: Interested candidates should contact EPL. Please include a copy of your résumé or Curriculum Vitae. Applications are processed as they come in and the role remains open until a candidate is hired.